1. Exercise – An hour today which I really didn’t think I could get through. I was so tired and have been for a couple days. Way to go hormones but my need to complete my exercise won out in the end.
2. Water – Today I find this challenge more ironic than anything because I’m in Houston and the one thing we are NOT lacking is water. But yes, I got all my water in today. I do hate having to pee ever hour on the hour but I have seen some good things already out of this.
3. Write about one physical feature that you love about yourself and why – I like my eyes the most. Eyes are the windows to the soul and, on a good day, I’ve been know to bat a few lashes and catch some attention. It’s not really something I’ve done lately but it’s there none-the-less. They are the perfect shape for shadowing. They are the perfect green color and they’ve seen things that are so beautiful. Apparently I blink a lot. I’m not really sure if that’s a good or bad thing or neither. I had someone tell me that years ago who I’d never spoken to before. We ended up randomly talking for hours that same day. So, I guess they catch attention when needed.
4. What technology are you grateful for? Anything that produces beautiful music and anything that allows me to hear that music. I’m sure with all the concerts that I’ve been to I’ll probably be grateful for hearing aids later but now it’s music.
5. What is your nickname and why? Princess is a nickname that I got stuck with a while ago and while it’s intent might seems like a bit of an insult it actually stems from being the only female at my job. And yes, I’d be the one with the scented candles and the lotions but it just kinda stuck. Actually I think it goes back to my ex somewhere but my work is where it became popular. My best friend calls me Sunshine, which also stemmed from my complete and total resistance to be in a good mood first thing in the morning. I call her moonshine. It’s disgustingly cute.
I’ve talked about this before but I adore nicknames as long as their cute or have some sort of emotional attachment. Some people I’ve nicknamed just because I felt the need. One of my oldest guy friends is called Asshat and our term of endearment is we both tell each other that we hate the other person. It’s our version of the “L word” without actually saying it. My boss was nicknamed the “wanna be rock star” because he still wears ripped jeans, rhinestone shirts and goes to the strangest concerts. And lastly, you know I couldn’t go this whole post without some sort of mention, THE friend was nicknamed CK a while back because he’s got one photo where he dressed as Clark Kent and looked amazing. I’m not sure he knows that and we don’t really have nicknames for each other when we’re together. That needs to change. I don’t like that.
So those are my challenges for today and I can’t tell you how excited I am that tomorrow is Friday. What I WANT to do this weekend is take a long nap Friday, go see a movie maybe try something new this weekend. What I’ll actually do is a mystery to me. I might actually TRY to be a productive member of society but I am supposed to go have lunch with my psychic, Shaman friend sometimes because she’s got some new amazing insight for me. I told her I didn’t want to hear anything else about THE friend and I because it was all false hope and I don’t need to hear that. Her response was, “We’ll see”. That doesn’t sound too promising but everything else she ever said came true but the one thing that I really wanted to come true. Life is funny that way isn’t it?
Hope you’re all having a great week.