So many times I’ve written about what I want to find in a man. You know, the smooth hairless chest, the direct eye contact and the passion for something worth while. Well, now it’s time to write about what I DON’T want in a man. I wish I could say that this list wasn’t from first hand experiences today but I’d be lying if I said that. Here we go:
I don’t want a man that…
– thinks that dating is a sport.
– that can’t admit when he’s wrong.
– that can’t make direct eye contact with you.
– that never has anything nice to say to you.
– that flirts with every woman just because he can.
– that is afraid to cry.
– that hasn’t worked for anything in his life.
– crap just comes easy to.
– that can’t open up about something real.
– that feels that vulnerability is a weakness.
– that can’t be kind and loving.
– who thinks that every woman should look like a cover model.
– who thinks that women should all be barefoot and pregnant.
– who is close minded.
– lies about anything.
– seeks instant gratification.
– that’s scared of emotions or of feeling or being real.
– is scared of losing something yet doing nothing about it.
– always thinks there’s something better somewhere else.
– that can’t be content in the moment right now.
– that isn’t supportive of my passions, dreams or goals.
– that doesn’t know what my passions, dreams and goals even are.
– that can’t see the humor in life.
– that is so self-involved that they can’t see two inches in front of their own noses
– that doesn’t like dogs.
– that doesn’t like children.
– that likes or has cats.
– that only wants something when he can’t have it anymore.
– that doesn’t believe in God, family or friends.
– that takes shit for granted.
– that steamrolls over people to get where they think they need to be.
– who thinks he’s better than every one else.
– who takes and takes and never gives back.
– who doesn’t work for what they want.
– who can’t force me to share, or love or be real.
– who forgets about people when they’re no longer needed.
– who cares more about money that humans.
– who can’t ask me the tough questions.
– who’s scared to tell me that I am wrong or that I’ve done something wrong.
Those are just the things that pop into my head right now. It might be that time of the month. (Sorry boys but ovulation has me in a very truthful place.) It’s just that I’ve focused so much on what I do want, which is what you’re supposed to do but I’ve never really put down on paper what I don’t want.
I guess a lot of that stems from spending time with wrong people, especially men. I need to see greatness in someone to keep my attention or at least the passion to at least strive to do better without all the other crap about. I know that I can’t “poof” and make this man appear but someone who comes close would be noticed at this point.
How many times do I have to say that I’m tired of waiting and why do all the wrong men chose to salt my life? There’s only a few good ones. I’m not sure if this makes me sad or frustrated at this point. Maybe my friend from the northeast was right. Maybe I’m just not a conventional girl. Maybe normal is something that I don’t get to have. I hope that is not the case because, right now, normal feels like the only thing that I want.
Hope you are all having a good week. I think I’m going to chop all my hair off tomorrow for a change. Actually, I have no idea what I’m going to do.